Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Moment of Gratitude

I just wanted to write down how grateful I am for something that seems so silly:  good weather.  Winter was so long this year and we are being blessed with an outstanding autumn.

It has made it a lot easier to tackle the landscaping outside the house so that we can really take advantage of the outdoor space we have.  After three years of living on a jobsite, I will be really happy to look out and see an orderly garden!

I am also extremely grateful that everyone in our family is healthy.  After Abby's major surgery a couple of years ago and the usual winter flu disaster, it has been really nice just to do regular things and not think about being sick.  I usually hurt my neck a couple of times a year and just fought off a small ear infection, so being "normal" just feels really good.

Despite some normal life ups and downs of trying to make the business work and all that . . . I am really grateful to be able to spend time with my kids and husband doing both fun things (playing American football at the park on Veteran's Day) and hard work (like chopping down trees!).

I think people forget the importance of just finding a nice balance in life.  Nothing will ever be perfect, but when the balance is even, it feels pretty close.


2 comments:

Sue said...

What a nice thought. I agree. :)

ember said...

I love reading your blog. I knew Dave years ago as we served as missionaries in Hong Kong. He was really funny. I always knew he would marry well and be great! So how is your beautiful home coming? Is it finished???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails